Seeking Nominations for 2018 Officers and Councilors
Dear OPMS members,
Orleans Parish Medical Society (OPMS) officers and councilors are elected for a two year term. Those terms are coming to an end. We are seeking nominations for the terms which will begin in March 2018. OPMS officers and councilors play a vital role in helping us to achieve the following goals to:
- Re-establish organizational infrastructure;
- Create value, grow membership and enhance membership engagement;
- Establish and be recognized as experts and the voice of medicine in New Orleans to influence and improve community health;
- Position OPMS as a premier source of education for physicians on health care trends, policy, lifestyle and practice management opportunities;
- Position OPMS to be the convener of organizations in the community to develop consensus and strategy to address public health challenges to improve outcomes.
CLICK HERE for a section from the OPMS Charter & Bylaws that describes the roles of the OPMS Officers and Council of Governors. You will find additional information about OPMS on our website, www.OPMS.org.
If you know someone who can help OPMS meet our goals, please nominate them. If you would like to become more active in the society and have an interest in helping our medical community, you are welcome to nominate yourself.
If you wish to nominate someone or would like more information about the responsibilities of being an officer or councilor, please contact me at email@example.com. Regardless of your ability to serve, please look for an invitation to the 2018 OFFICER INSTALLATION GALA for our new officers and those of JPMS and OMSA. It will be held in March 2018. It is sure to be a fun gala. We hope to see you there. - Jim P.
ORLEANS PARISH MEDICAL SOCIETY